Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) InformationRehoboth McKinley Christian Hospital is closely following information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the New Mexico Department of Health and Environmental Control (NM DHEC), to help keep our patients and families informed about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). COVID-19 is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. RMCHCS has comprehensive infection control policies and procedures in place, and remain committed to keeping our patients, staff, and community safe.
What Can You Do?The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19. According to the CDC, there are simple everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, which include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
If you are sick, to keep from spreading respiratory illness to others, you should:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The CDC recommends that you seek medical advice if you have been to China or another affected area in the last 14 days, or have been exposed to someone sick with COVID-19 and feel ill with fever, cough, or difficulty breathing. Call the office of your health care provider before you go, and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms. They will give you instructions on how to get care without exposing other people to your illness.
Information from Health Care Organizations and Agencies:
- McKinley Public Health Office will test the following persons for COVID-19
- El Rancho Hotel offers shelter for homeless respiratory patients
- NMDOT DISCOURAGES SHOPPING IN GROUPS
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Information from Health Care Organizations and Agencies
- See Supreme Court order
- Spanish Language version of March 23 2020 Public Health Order
- COVID-19 Statewide Response Referral Numbers
- What You Need To Know
- Spanish: Lo que necesita saber sobre la enfermedad del Coronavirus 2019
- Share Facts About COVID-19
- What To Do If You Are Sick
- Spanish: Qué hacer si contrae la enfermedad del Coronavirus 2019
- Symptoms of Coronavirus 2019
- Spanish: Síntomas de la enfermedad del Coronavirus 2019
- Navajo: Symptoms of Coronavirus 2019
- Stop The Spread Of Germs
- Navajo: Stop the spread of germs
- Cover Your Cough
This page was adapted from CDC.gov, last accessed March 4, 2020: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html